Login

Rogers' Lane Hotel to bear signs with Haas Hall Academy name, colors

photo.caption|escapejs

Haas Hall Academy is a step closer to outfitting its downtown location at 121 West Poplar, formerly the Lane Hotel, for the school's operations.

Lane Hotel

The Lane Hotel was built in 1929 and underwent two additions since, including the Orchard Room, which functioned as a restaurant for many years and housed an apartment below it. The two-story kitchen on the east side of the building was created in 1961. The Historic District Commission approved demolishing that kitchen, construction of its replacement and adding of two fire stairs in July. Those plans including replacing windows on the third, fourth and fifth floors; both elevators; a change to LED lighting and the addition of four parking spaces. A privacy fence, bike racks and bronze entry doors are also planned.

Source: Staff report

This story is only available from our archives.

Log in to comment