Thursday, October 12, 2017
FAYETTEVILLE -- The public is invited to celebrate the Parks and Recreation Department's 50th birthday Saturday at Wilson and Walker parks.
Giveaways include commemorative water bottles and stickers. Wilson Park horticulture staff will hand out plants.
The schedule includes:
• 9 a.m.: Community Bike Ride from Walker Park to Wilson Park. Ride starts at the parking lot on the corner of Block Avenue and 13th Street and travels along the Razorback Greenway.
• 9:45 a.m.: Bayyari Musical Playground demonstration: Local musician Jake Schaffer will play instruments on the new musical playground. A donation from Fadil Bayyari in memory of his son, David Lyle Bayyari, made the playground possible.
• 10 a.m.: Playground ribbon cutting with Mayor Lioneld Jordan.
• 10:30 a.m.: Puppets in the Park, presented by the Art Experience, will parade through Wilson Park.
• 11 a.m.: Ranger's Pantry pet contest.
• 11:30 a.m. until gone: Hot dog lunch. Free hot dogs, courtesy of Arvest Bank, will be served next to the playground.
• 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.: Yoga with Michael Pulfer; Leave No Trace demonstrations; master gardener's plant scavenger hunt; Greedy Goats petting area.
• 3 p.m. until dark: Food truck rally. Several of Northwest Arkansas' favorite food trucks will sell food and drinks on 13th Street between Block and College avenues.
• 5 to 7 p.m.: Concert by Crescent City Combo, south side of 13th Street near College Avenue.
The third annual Lake Sequoyah cleanup also is Saturday from 9 to 11:30 a.m. Volunteers are needed to help clean the lake shore and trails. Email email@example.com for more information.
NW News on 10/12/2017
NWADG.com for only
$0.99 for the first month.