Barbecue comes in many flavors
No matter how you spell it… barbeque, barbecue or BBQ… it’s a delicious treat
Posted: June 3, 2018 at 6 a.m.
Barbeque Chicken Grilled Pizza
1 cup chopped cooked chicken
1/2 cup barbeque sauce, divided
1 (13.8 ounce) package refrigerated pizza dough
2 tablespoons olive oil, or as needed
1 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
1 cup diced tomatoes, or to taste
1. Preheat grill for medium heat and lightly oil the grate.
2. Mix chicken and 2 tablespoons barbeque sauce together in a bowl until evenly coated.
3. Roll dough onto a work surface and cut in half to form 2 rectangles. Brush the top of each rectangle with olive oil.
4. Place dough, oil-side down, onto the grill; cook until bottom of dough is browned and top is bubbling up, about 5 minutes. Brush the tops of each dough with oil and flip.
5. Spread the remaining barbeque sauce over each crust; top with chicken, Colby-Monterey Jack cheese, and tomatoes.
6. Close the lid of the grill and cook pizza until cheese is melted, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove pizza from grill and cool before slicing, 2 to 3 minutes.
Barbequed Thai Style Chicken
1 bunch fresh cilantro with roots
3 cloves garlic, peeled
3 small red hot chile peppers, seeded and chopped
1 teaspoon ground turmeric
1 teaspoon curry powder
1 tablespoon white sugar
1 pinch salt
3 tablespoons fish sauce
1 (3 pound) chicken, cut into pieces
1/4 cup coconut milk
1. Cut cilantro roots off at the stem, and mince thoroughly. Set aside a few leaves for garnish. In a blender or food processor, combine cilantro roots and leaves, garlic, chile peppers, turmeric, curry powder, sugar, and salt. Process to a coarse paste. Pour in fish sauce, and blend until smooth.
2. Place chicken in a large shallow dish. Rub with the cilantro paste. Cover, and marinate in the refrigerator at least 3 hours, or overnight.
3. Preheat grill for high heat.
4. Lightly oil the grill grate. Place chicken on the prepared grill, and brush liberally with coconut milk. Grill chicken 8 to 15 minutes on each side, depending on the size of the pieces. Turn only once, and baste occasionally with coconut cream. Cook until browned and tender, and juices run clear.
Barbecue Chicken Salad
2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1 head red leaf lettuce, rinsed and torn
1 head green leaf lettuce, rinsed and torn
1 fresh tomato, chopped
1 bunch cilantro, chopped
1 (15.25 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
1 (2.8 ounce) can French fried onions
1/2 cup Ranch dressing
1/2 cup barbeque sauce
1. Preheat the grill for high heat.
2. Lightly oil the grill grate. Place chicken on the grill, and cook 6 minutes per side, or until juices run clear. Remove from heat, cool, and slice.
3. In a large bowl, mix the red leaf lettuce, green leaf lettuce, tomato, cilantro, corn, and black beans. Top with the grilled chicken slices and French fried onions.
4. In a small bowl, mix the Ranch dressing and barbeque sauce. Serve on the side as a dipping sauce, or toss with the salad to coat.NAN Dining Guide Spotlight on 06/03/2018