Sample some seafood
Bait your tastebuds with these simple seafood recipes
Posted: May 13, 2018 at 6 a.m.
3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
1/2 teaspoon dried sweet basil
1/4 cup butter
1 cup peeled chopped tomato
3/4 cup chopped onion
3/4 cup chopped celery
3/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
1 1/4 cups chicken stock
1 cup canned tomato sauce
1 teaspoon white sugar
1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (such as Tabasco®)
2 bay leaves
1 pound peeled and deveined rock shrimp (thawed if frozen)
1 pound bay scallops (thawed if frozen)
1 pound haddock fillets (thawed if frozen) - cut into bite-size pieces
1. Mix together oregano, salt, white pepper, black pepper, cayenne pepper, thyme, and basil in a small bowl; set aside.
2. Melt butter in a large Dutch oven over medium heat; stir in tomato, onion, celery, green bell pepper, and garlic. Cook and stir until the onion is translucent, about 5 minutes.
3. Stir in chicken stock, tomato sauce, sugar, hot pepper sauce, and bay leaves. Reduce heat to low and bring sauce to a simmer. Stir in seasoning mix and simmer until the flavors have blended, about 20 minutes.
4. Gently stir in rock shrimp, bay scallops, and haddock; bring sauce back to a simmer and cook until the shellfish and fish are opaque, about 20 more minutes. Remove bay leaves to serve.
1 1/2 cups fat free milk
1 (8 ounce) container fat free cream cheese
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 (26 ounce) can fat free condensed cream of mushroom soup
1 cup chopped green onions
1 cup sliced carrots
1 (15.25 ounce) can whole kernel corn, undrained
1 1/2 cups chopped potatoes
1 teaspoon dried parsley
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
1/2 pound shrimp
1/2 pound bay scallops
1/2 pound crabmeat
1/2 pound calamari tubes
1 (6.5 ounce) can chopped clams
1. Place 1/2 cup milk, cream cheese, and garlic in a large pot over low heat. Cook and stir until blended. Mix in soup, green onions, carrots, corn with liquid, potatoes, parsley, and remaining milk. Season with black pepper and cayenne pepper. Simmer 25 minutes. Do not boil.
2. Mix the shrimp, scallops, crabmeat, calamari, and clams, and continue cooking 10 minutes, or until seafood is opaque.
1 (16 ounce) package linguine pasta
1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
3 teaspoons garlic powder
1/4 cup olive oil
3 cups milk
2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
1/2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
1/2 cup broccoli florets
1/2 cup thinly sliced carrots
1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
1 cup canned shrimp
1 cup crab meat, drained
1 pound scallops
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
Salt to taste
Ground black pepper to taste
1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add linguini pasta, and cook for 6 to 8 minutes, or until al dente. Drain.
2. Meanwhile, in an electric frying pan, or large skillet saute the red onion and garlic in olive oil. When onion is translucent, add the milk. Cook until bubbles form around the edges of the pan. Add the parsley, chopped green and red bell pepper, broccoli, carrots, mushrooms, shrimp, crab, and scallops and stir until well incorporated.
3. Remove 1/2 cup of milk from the mixture and place in a small bowl with the flour. Stir until smooth. Add back to skillet with seafood and vegetables. Allow mixture to thicken. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Pour seafood sauce over drained and cooked linguini noodles. Serve warm.NAN Dining Guide Spotlight on 05/13/2018